The MVBA has a committed membership, which has been instrumental in supporting the many activities we work on. But it is important that our membership continues to grow so that we can further improve our community and make Mount Vernon one of the best neighborhoods to live, work and play in!
Anyone who resides, works or owns property in this neighborhood, or represents an institution/business located in Mount Vernon can become a member.
A voluntary tax deductible contribution to the Endowment Fund can be made at anytime for any amount. Checks should be made payable to The Baltimore Community Foundation. Please note “The John Eager Howard Society” in the memo line and mail to: MVBA, 1 East Chase Street #2, Baltimore, MD 21202.
Membership Privacy Statement
Your membership information is used only for communication between the Association and you. MVBA does not share its information with any other person or organization.
Click HERE to Join. Master Card and Visa Cards accepted. For Automatic Renewal, choose an option that includes
Recurring Membership. Or Click Here to download the membership registration form. Print and mail it with a check to the address indicated on the form.
Here are some highlights of what the MVBA has accomplished:
- Led the construction of the Mount Vernon Children’s Park, the community’s first family-oriented recreation area, and raised over $350,000 in one year for this effort
- Purchased and planted more than 100 trees throughout the neighborhood in the past year
- Represented our community in major mass transit planning sessions
- Reviewed and approved hundreds of restoration projects
- Filed hundreds of sanitation enforcement reports, resolved dozens of chronic illegal dumping sites, and pursued more than one hundred housing code violations
- Successfully advocated for the development of an urban renewal plan that speaks for this community and its values, and respects both the importance of our historic architecture and its irreplaceable charm, while encouraging high quality development at appropriate heights for decades to come.
With your membership, we will continue to lead the way on many on-going and pressing needs, including:
- Resolving public safety problems
- Purchasing high quality trash containers services
- Lobbying for improved mass transit
- Planting additional trees
- Building a first class marketing/visibility campaign for Mount Vernon including an iPod walking tour
- Advocating for the restoration of the Mount Vernon Place Parks
- More effectively promoting Mount Vernon institutions and businesses to visitors and tourists
- Representing Mount Vernon in the massive State Center development plans, and so much more!
So become a member and…..
- Share your concerns about issues that affect you as a resident of this community
- Have a voice on issues that affect our community
- Learn about what the association is accomplishing to improve living conditions in our community
- Contribute your ideas and share suggestions
- Join a Committee and contribute your talents and energy